Fortescue Metals Group Limited (ASX: FMG; Fortescue) will demonstrate its innovative approach to drive sustained productivity and efficiency improvements during its annual Investor and Media Tours this week.
Hosted by Chief Executive Officer, Nev Power, the tours will highlight Fortescue’s investment in world class infrastructure assets and facilities, including Fortescue’s Port and Rail operations and the Solomon Hub, as well as the Company’s Integrated Operations Centre (IOC) in Perth.
“Our focus remains firmly on continuing to improve productivity and efficiency for ongoing cost improvements, debt reduction and enhanced shareholder value.”
“Fortescue is adopting leading edge technology across our business, while exploring options for future development to ensure we remain at the lowest end of the global cost curve,” Mr Power said.
The tours will showcase Fortescue’s operations and the company’s focus on safely and sustainably reducing the cost of production to enhance its competitive advantage.
Key points from the tours include:
• Improvement in safety performance across the business
• Alignment of operations and marketing strategies
• Delivery of sustainable cost improvements, with a pathway to C1 costs of US$12-13/wmt through FY17
• Optimisation of assets including the Ore Processing Facilities (OPF)
• VLOC operational benefits ahead of the first VLOC due for delivery next month
A copy of the presentation will be released separately.